Monday, 1 June 2015

That Awkward Moment...

"I alone can't change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples."
-Mother Theresa

I love those awkward moments where you realise that you haven't blogged in over a year! Time to get back on it!

At the moment I am in the middle of Reading Recovery training. It is my first time teaching Reading Recovery, and is also the first time in 8 years that I have worked with juniors again. It is so easy as a senior teacher to forget just how much foundation needs to be built at this earlier stage in order for the children to have steady progress throughout their schooling. With our school being so digitally focused, most of our students only have their 'junior' years to be working with the traditional 'pencil to paper. ' And yet what in important skill this is.

I continue to be inspired by my Reading Recovery students. The huge progress they make in a small length of time astonishes me! But best of all must be those 'a-ha!' moments when they learn to decipher a word without the help of a teacher.



No comments:

Post a Comment