Friday, 24 July 2015

Keeping Up!



This feels incredibly accurate for me right now! I come home at the end of the day and my husband asks me, "How was your day? What did you get up to?" I'm sure I am not alone as a teacher wondering how on earth do we answer this question?! 

For example, today I took 6 running records, worked one-to-one with 4 year 2 children with their writing, marked 24 writing books, created then printed then laminated then cut out then attached labels for an entire maths, reading, writing and stationery area in a new classroom, planned a weeks worth of maths activities, replied to emails........ and taught! Was I successful? I'm not sure. Yes, lots got done, but sometimes I feel like our job is like the above image - trying to unscramble a ball of tangled wool! You come away from the day a little stunned, a lot tired and with even more on your 'to do' list.

In true reflection, I sometimes wonder if the job is being done as well as it was when I started teaching ten years ago, and spent more time teaching and less time on assessment and paperwork.

Hmmmm. Food for thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment