Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Pancake Carnage


Making Pancakes 2015 from Tamaki Primary on Vimeo.

Oh how things have changed. I sit around the table on family night and hear my grandad complain about how the 'young ones these days' (meaning my generation) 'have no respect for their elders', and I roll my eyes at my brothers and we think it is a huge joke. Yet, at work I find myself thinking EXACTLY the same way constantly! Whether it is the child who doesn't respect the reliever, or the 5 year old child who practices their graffiti tag in chalk on the wall.

Today however took me a little by surprise. While making pancakes this morning I was informed that they were not right... in fact they were apparently "yucky!!"Was it the ingredients? No! Was it that way that they were cooked? No. It was, as asked by Chance - "Where is the golden syrup?"

'In my day' (I can't believe I am saying this) making pancakes at school would have been so much fun! Where is the golden syrup? WHERE IS THE GOLDEN SYRUP?? Oh how times have changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment